Archive for the ‘Licence Conversion’ Category

Converting an FAA PPL into a JAA PPL

Monday, May 4th, 2009

Why you would want to turn your fashionable credit card license into a turd brown JAA book is beyond me – perhaps you want to fly in Europe or something. Whatever the reason; here’s how to do it:

Mr/Ms American, there is good and bad news about converting your license from FAA to JAA. I’ll give you the bad news first; it’s a bit of a kerfuffle. After all, this is Europe & there is nothing we find more exciting and thrilling than a good bit of bureaucracy.

This is classed as pornography in some parts of Europe

This is classed as pornography in some parts of Europe.

The good news is that we are far more awesome than America.


Converting a JAA PPL to an FAA PPL

Sunday, May 3rd, 2009

You’ve got a European JAA Licence, and you want to head over stateside to fly their planes covered in the FAA gunge instead.

Unfortunately, until the New World Order comes into force, all the countries in the world have their own rules and procedures in place for aviationally related activities in their country. You can imagine what that means to convert something between the bureaucratic powerhouses of Europe and the US.

Thankfully, help is at hand from the friendly folks at God, we’re awesome.